It looks like we're expecting some snowfall tomorrow, so I wanted to provide you some useful information that can generally be applied for Quincy during snow emergencies, and some useful contact information in case of emergency.
- Snow emergency parking rules will be in place beginning at 7 a.m. on Thursday, February 9.
- Residents may park on the EVEN numbered side of non-emergency neighborhood streets, but should always park in driveways if available.
- Parking is prohibited on all designated emergency arteries. Click here for a complete list of emergency arteries.
- Residents on side-streets posted permanently as one-side parking should park on the side always allowed.
- Cars parked in violation of emergency rules or impede snow plowing operations pose a public safety risk, and WILL BE TOWED.
- For assistance, residents can use the City’s snow request application at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the DPW's snow operation hotline at 617-376-1927.
- The forecast calls for high winds, which creates the potential for downed tree limbs and power lines. If you lose power, call National Grid at 1-800-465-1212 or visit their Outage Central page at https://www.nationalgridus.com/MA-Home/Storms-Outages/
- Trash and recycling collection will begin early on February 9. Residents are asked to have material curbside no later than 6 a.m. on Thursday.
- For updates and emergency notices, please tune to Quincy Access Television; follow the City of Quincy’s Facebook page or via Twitter @CityofQuincy.
As always, please feel free to reach me at email@example.com or at 617-376-1303. Be safe!